Re: What generates pg_config.h? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What generates pg_config.h?
Date
List pgsql-general
Travis Allison <travisallison@gmail.com> writes:
> Distro and version:  Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
> If memory serves, I installed 9.5 using synaptic and 9.6 using apt-get,
> where I followed the instructions from this site:
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

> I also have an anaconda installation of postgresql, but that is a version
> less than 9.6.

Well, this bit:

>>> /usr/include/postgresql/pg_config.h:733:0: warning: "PACKAGE_VERSION" redefined
>>> #define PACKAGE_VERSION "10.0"

is proof positive that you've got at least some pieces of a v10
installation as well.  The location of the file (i.e., not under a
version-named subdirectory, like the others) suggests that that
installation was not aware of the conventions Ubuntu's packagers
like to use to separate different PG versions from each other.
And the lack of any relevant entry in the dpkg output suggests it didn't
come from any of your normal packages, either.  I'm wondering about an
ill-advised manual installation from raw PG source code, for instance.

Did you check whether this file is associated with any dpkg-installed
package?  (Not being an Ubuntu user, I don't know how to do that,
but I'm sure they have an equivalent of "rpm -qf".)

            regards, tom lane