Re: [BUG] Segmentation fault in pfree in PLy_output_tuple_funcs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUG] Segmentation fault in pfree in PLy_output_tuple_funcs
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Sergey Konoplev <gray.ru@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> What's the likelihood that table "cars" was being modified concurrently?

> It is rather high. Probably even very high.

This doesn't smell like that's an issue though ...

Just eyeballing the code, I don't see how set-returning plpython functions
work at all.  Ever.  It looks like they allocate a bunch of stuff in the
SPI procedure context and expect it to still be there on the next call.
Why isn't this code falling over in any assert-enabled build?

            regards, tom lane