Re: running script on server shutdown (TODO) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: running script on server shutdown (TODO)
Re: running script on server shutdown (TODO)  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: running script on server shutdown (TODO)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: running script on server shutdown (TODO)  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 21:16 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Not sure what else can be done to improve this process.

I think the barrier to adding new TODO entries or modifying existing
ones is too high. While it's great that Bruce maintains the list, the
inevitable result is that the list tends to reflect the discussions and
features that the TODO list maintainer thinks are interesting.

Why is the TODO list keep in the source code repository, anyway? One
alternative would be to move it to a wiki. That would allow other people
to contribute to maintaining the list, with less procedural overhead.
The GCC folks do this, for example: example: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/

> And our developer TODO has:
[...]
> So I think we are covered there too.

I don't see that we're "covered": sure, it's documented that people
ought to ask on -hackers first, but this exact situation has happened
several times in the past. Avoiding that would be a good thing,
documentation or no.

-Neil