Re: why vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mario Splivalo
Subject Re: why vacuum
Date
Re: why vacuum  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 12:09 -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:

> You must have missed the FAQ and other side notes about replication in
> the MySQL manual. Essentially MySQL replication is nothing but a query
> duplicating system, with the added sugar of taking care of now() and
> some other non-deterministic things, but not all of them.
>
> Non-deterministic user defined procedures, functions and triggers will
> simply blow MySQL's sophisticated replication apart.

That is just not true. I haven't tried MySQL 4 and above, but in 3.5.x
replication wos working as expected, and the load that replication posed
was insignificant. The only TRUE problem was that replication was
unidirectional. That SAME problem has Slony, and other 'replication
systems' available for postgres.
Mike
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."