Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Youngblood
Subject Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting
Date
Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
List pgsql-general
Talking with various people that ran postgres at different times, one thing they always come back with in why mysql is so much better: postgresql corrupts too easily and you lose your data.

Personally, I've not seen corruption in postgres since 5.x or 6.x versions from several years ago. And, I've seen corruption on mysql (though I could not isolate between a reiserfs or mysql problem - both with supposedly stable releases installed as part of a distro).

Is corruption a problem? I don't think so - but I want to make sure I haven't had my head in the sand for a while. :) I realize this instance appears to be on Windows, which is relatively new as a native Windows program. I'm really after the answer on more mature platforms (including Linux).

Thanks,
Greg