Re: [HACKERS] PG10 pgindent run - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PG10 pgindent run
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2017-05-14 17:22:16 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> Releasing alpha/beta is not the same as branching, which I didn't expect
>> us to do for a while yet..

> Well, tagging then.  Imo it still should be done before we tag
> beta1/alpha1.

Too late, IMO.  Yeah, I'd have preferred to pgindent before beta1 too,
just in case pgindent breaks something ... but it's been a long time
since that happened, so realistically, not having done it yet is not
going to meaningfully degrade the relevance of beta testing.

At this point, for Bruce to do it before the wrap, he'd pretty much
have to do it tonight, which we already agreed among the release team
is not enough notice.

Also, I liked the approach Robert took last year where he did a dry
run and then manually fixed places that he saw would get messed up
by pgindent.  That's a lot more pleasant than undoing such damage
afterwards.  I don't know if Robert plans to do that this year, but if
not, I'm planning to get to it tomorrow or Tuesday.  I can't do it
right now because I'm still on higher-priority tasks.