Re: Slow connection to the database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Slow connection to the database
Date
List pgsql-general
This is a known issue with Java 1.5 networking code, it tries to reverse
look up the IP addresses in certain circumstances (which obviously occur
in the JDBC driver) if you use IPs in your connection addresses.

You're best off to make sure DNS is set up locally on your client
machines for all the known servers you connect to. That would be in your
/etc/hosts on linux, on other OSes I don't know.
This will make sure you have no timeouts whether you use IPs or host
names names, but you have to maintain it.

Cheers,
Csaba.