Re: VACUUM/t_ctid bug (was Re: GiST concurrency commited) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: VACUUM/t_ctid bug (was Re: GiST concurrency commited)
Date
Re: VACUUM/t_ctid bug (was Re: GiST concurrency commited)  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On K, 2005-08-24 at 15:52 +0400, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> > Further I'm going to increase concurrency up to 12 parallel threads.
>
> All is ok, test is passed with approximatly 40 millions statements

I have sent a patch to patches list enabling concurrent vacuums to
actually reclaim space while another long vacuum is running, i.e.
vacuums won't no longer block each other from removing deleted tuples.

see:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-08/msg00304.php

Could you perhaps test this patch as well, while you already have a
setup for testing parallel vacuums under big loads ?

Or perhaps you can share the setup/scripts/data so that I could run your
test myself as well ?

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>