Re: list of extended statistics on psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: list of extended statistics on psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks,

It's better to always post the whole patch series, so that cfbot can
test it properly. Sending just 0003 separately kind breaks that.

Also, 0003 seems to only tweak the .sql file, not the expected output,
and there actually seems to be two places that mistakenly use \dx (so
listing extensions) instead of \dX. I've fixed both issues in the
attached patches.

However, I think the 0002 tests are better/sufficient - I prefer to keep
it compact, not interleaving with the tests testing various other stuff.
So I don't intend to commit 0003, unless there's something that I don't
see for some reason.

The one remaining thing I'm not sure about is naming of the columns with
size of statistics - N_size, D_size and M_size does not seem very clear.
Any clearer naming will however make the tables wider, though :-/

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company