Re: How to alias table columns in result? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mischa Sandberg
Subject Re: How to alias table columns in result?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Quoting nori <kodmasin@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> If I have:
> 1.) table car with columns index and name
> 2.) table driver with columns index, name and car_index
>
> and query:
> SELECT d.*, c.* FROM driver as d LEFT OUTER JOIN car AS c ON
> d.car_index=c.index;
>
> How can I get results that have distinct names for columns (ex.
> d.name, d.index, c.name, c.index,...)?

Here's where you have to get explicit; d.* won't work.
If you want to have names with (.) in them, they have to be quoted, too.
Me, I'd use "d_name, d_index, c_name, ..."

SELECT d.name as "d.name",      d.index as "d.index",      c.name as "c.name",      ...