Re: Migrating a Database to a new tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Migrating a Database to a new tablespace
Date
List pgsql-sql
Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com> writes:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I have work someone did in the past.  I just need to be updated to deal
>> with tablespaces.
>>
>> ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/checkfile.*

> It looks nice, but I would not like automatic deletion (or only optional
> or configurable), there might be valid reasons for "alien" files to
> exist. (README files for admins to communicate what this directory is
> used for, MacOS ressource forks, Reiser4 special files etc...)

> What about putting the identification code in a set returning function
> or view that can be called by the admin.

Yeah, one thing I never liked about the previously proposed patches was
that they were tied to postmaster start/restart.  It'd be better to have
an external tool that could be invoked on demand.  Maybe something close
to oid2name.
        regards, tom lane