Re: A Guide to Constraint Exclusion (Partitioning) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: A Guide to Constraint Exclusion (Partitioning)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 15:00 -0400, Greg Stark wrote:

> Maybe I'm doing something more obvious wrong?
>
>   db=> create table _test (a integer);
>   CREATE TABLE
>
>   db=> create table _test2 (like _test);
>   CREATE TABLE

Yes, unfortunately. You need the phrase "INHERITS (_test)" after the
bracket and before the ; for any tables you want to be children of
_test, such as _test2. The syntax "like..." creates a similar table, but
with no linkage between parent and children.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs