Re: BUG #6706: pg_upgrade fails when plpgsql dropped/re-created - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6706: pg_upgrade fails when plpgsql dropped/re-created
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:35:15PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think you're misjudging the core of the issue.  The same thing
>> would happen if somebody dropped and recreated the public schema.
>> Or anything else that we create at initdb time but allow to be
>> dropped.

> I just tested dropping and recreating the 'public' schema and pg_upgrade
> worked fine.

Did it restore the nonstandard ownership of the schema?  Your proposed
fix for plpgsql won't preserve the previous state of the extension.
(Maybe we don't care, but it needs consideration.)

            regards, tom lane