Re: why toasted is created when domain is used ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: why toasted is created when domain is used ?
Date
List pgsql-general
PegoraroF10 <marcos@f10.com.br> writes:
> So, the question is, when I create a table using domains it creates a toast
> for it, why ?

For me, this doesn't happen for domains over fixed-width types, only
variable-width types ... which doesn't seem to match your example.

The reason it happens for variable-width cases is that
type_maximum_size() only knows about built-in types,
so the system can't determine the maximum row width.

            regards, tom lane