Re: Where to store Blobs? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Erven
Subject Re: Where to store Blobs?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Am 13.03.19 um 15:28 schrieb Thomas Güttler:

> Where do you store Blobs?

Within PostgreSQL, of course. The system I have in mind stores ZIP and
PDF files, usually a few MBs each; we're currently at a total of about
100 GB and there are no evident problems.

For this application, it is extremely important that saving/modifying
the binaries is part of a larger transaction that completes/fails
atomically.
Replication is almost real-time and access to the binaries is provided
with the same libraries (JDBC/Hibernate) as everything else.

Best regards,

    -hannes