Re: pg_pconnect - Really persistent ? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Alexey Borzov
Subject Re: pg_pconnect - Really persistent ?
Date
List pgsql-php
Greetings, Hervé!

Well, there are some problems, indeed.
1) PHP counts connections on a per-process basis. So, when you have,
say, 10 httpd processes, and a limit of 10 connections is set in
php.ini, you can have total of 100 postgres backends, with a default
limit of 32.
2) PHP does not reuse persistent connections when it can open a new
one. So set a limit of pconnections to 1 or 2 in php.ini, and
everything will work as intended.

--
Yours, Alexey V. Borzov, Webmaster of RDW