Re: PostgreSQL / PHP Overrun Error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL / PHP Overrun Error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Mike Rogers" <temp6453@hotmail.com> writes:
> This problem is of great concern to me and I have been working for days
> trying to debug it myself and find other reports, with little success.  The
> line it claims to be failing on is PHP's ext/pgsql/pgsql.c on line 167 (by
> what this claims) which is the following function [the
> efree(PGG(last_notice)) line].

This isn't our code, so you'd likely have better luck complaining on
some PHP-related list.  But it looks to me like this code is simply
trying to free any previous notice message before it stores the new
one into PGG(last_notice) (whatever the heck that is).  I'm guessing
that that pointer is uninitialized or has been clobbered somehow.