Trigger function that works with both updates and deletes? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From novnov
Subject Trigger function that works with both updates and deletes?
Date
Re: Trigger function that works with both updates and deletes?
List pgsql-general
Most of the trigger fuctions I've written work on new and updated records
referencing NEW. etc. I will need some of the trigger functions to work with
record deletions too.

First, when a record is being deleted, OLD refers to the rec just deleted
(or about to be deleted)?

Second, while I could write two trigger functions, one dealing with
add/update, the other with deletes, it's probably neater to have a single
trigger function and have it discriminate "am I being called for a delete,
or an add/update?" I don't know how to determine the type record change.