Re: Turkish locale bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Turkish locale bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Clift <aa2@bigpond.net.au> writes:
> How about thinking in the other direction.... is it possible for
> PostgreSQL to be able to recognised localised versions of SQL queries?

>  i.e. For a Turkish locale it associates "�nsert" INSERT and "un�on"
> with UNION.

Hmm.  Wouldn't that mean that if someone actually wrote �nsert,
it would be taken as matching the INSERT keyword, not as an identifier?
If I understood Sezai correctly, that would surprise a Turkish user.
But if this behavior is OK then you might have a good answer.