Re: Filesystem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Martin Fandel
Subject Re: Filesystem
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi

i have tested a xfs+LVM installation with the scalix (HP OpenMail)
Mailserver (it's a little time ago). I had at that time some problems
using xfs_freeze. I used a script for freezing the fs and making storing
the snapshots. Sometimes the complete Server hangs (no blinking cursor,
no possible logins, no network). I don't know if it was a hardware
problem or if it was the xfs-software. I installed/compiled the newest
kernel for this system (i think it was a 2.6.9) to check out if it's
maybe a kernel-problem. But on the next days, the system hangs
again. After that i used reiserfs again.

I tested it with Suse Linux Enterprise Server 8.

Has someone heared about such problems? That is the only reason that
i have a bit fear to use xfs for a critical database :/.

Best regards,
Martin