Re: PATCH to allow concurrent VACUUMs to not lock each - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: PATCH to allow concurrent VACUUMs to not lock each
Date
List pgsql-patches
On K, 2005-05-18 at 11:54 +0300, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> The attached patch allows VACUUMS's on small relations to clean up dead
> tuples while VACUUM or ANALYSE is running for a long time on some big
> table.
>
> This is done by adding a "bool inVacuum" to PGPROC and then making use
> of it in GetOldestXmin.
>
> This patch is against current CVS head, but should also apply to 8.0.2
> with minorpach  warnings.

Could this patch be applied (or rejected if something is badly wrong
with it) ?

Or should I move the discussion back to pgsql-hackers ad try to make it
a TODO first ?

This patch implements what I described in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-05/msg00704.php
plus a small change to make it work for simple ANALYSE too.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>