Re: keyword list/ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: keyword list/ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mike Aubury <mike.aubury@aubit.com> writes:
> I was thinking about the copy on/copy off for more the header info (before
> the %%) - so we can have a really dumb script that just gets told what blocks
> to copy - and what to ignore..

I think you'll find that doesn't work very well; the script will need at
least some understanding of the bison %-declarations, and it can just
ignore everything else before %%.  The reason is that (1) you're going
to need to alter the %type declarations and (2) you're going to need to
merge these declarations with ones from ecpg.

It might be that the merging is best handled via directive-like
comments, but I suspect they'll be in the ecpg-side file not in the
main grammar: you'll have something indicating "insert all the main
%type declarations here", one for "insert precedence declarations
here", etc.

But of course this is just speculation...