Re: Hashagg planning bug (8.0.1) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Hashagg planning bug (8.0.1)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca> writes:
> > It would seem that the planner does not take into account whether the
> > datatypes involved have the capability to use hash aggregates or not.
>
> > sdb=# explain select query_start, current_query    from pg_locks join stat_activity on pid = procpid where granted
=true and transaction in (select transaction from pg_locks where granted = false);

> > ERROR:  could not find hash function for hash operator 716373
>
> What's stat_activity?  I thought you meant pg_stat_activity, but that
> works fine here.

Oh, stat_activity is a view which removes idle connections from
displaying and allows non-privileged users to see everything that's
going on within the DB.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION stat_activity() RETURNS setof pg_stat_activity SECURITY DEFINER AS 'select * from
pg_stat_activity;' language sql;

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW stat_activity ASSELECT stat_activity.procpid, stat_activity.usename,
stat_activity.query_start::timestamp(0) without time zone AS
query_start, stat_activity.current_query  FROM stat_activity() WHERE stat_activity.current_query <> '<IDLE>'::text;