configure to allow TCP/IP connection - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From SG Edwards
Subject configure to allow TCP/IP connection
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hey guys,

I have a website that I'm using to connect to a PGSQL database, however, if I
use my normal name and password I get the error:

Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: IDENT
authentication failed for user "s0460205" in /home/s0460205/pgconnect.inc on
line 4

I know I need to change the pg_hba.conf file to allow access from any IP address
using my name and password, but am not sure how. Sorry, have read the "Client
Authentication" chapter of the pgsql manual but am more confused now than I was
before!

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Stephen