Disconnect - required, recommended, or optional? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject Disconnect - required, recommended, or optional?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi!

I've just noticed that there is a disconnect function in PEAR's DB
module. For web pages (written in PHP) that connect to PostgreSQL,
should I *always* disconnect when finished with that page's queries? Or
is it pretty much optional, or only used in high-traffic situations
where resource exhaustion is a concern?

My database gets less than 1 query per second, so I am not at all
concerned about resources. I am, however, concerned about acquiring good
programming habits as I go along.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers,

--