Re: definative way to place secs from epoc into timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bret Hughes
Subject Re: definative way to place secs from epoc into timestamp
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 00:41, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2005, at 14:42, Bret Hughes wrote:
>
> > also my first two pgsql functions :)
> >
> > cat ts2int.sql
>
> FWIW, there's a patch in the queue for 8.1 that adds a to_timestamp
> function that converts between Unix epoch and timestamp with time zone.
>
> http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches2
>
> Doesn't help you now, but it'll be there in the future.

Cool.  Nice to know I am not the only one.

a RFE would be to let to_timestamp be to a timezone without time zone
and have a to_timestamptz do the time zone thing.  Seems more consistent
and would give me the functionality I am looking for :)

Bret