Re: idea for concurrent seqscans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: idea for concurrent seqscans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql@empires.org> writes:
> > I didn't consider that. Is there a reason the regression tests assume
> > the results will be returned in a certain order (or a consistent order)?
>
> We use diff as the checking tool.

Well, that does make testing more difficult, or it at least requires
extra work to make the regression tests understand the results better.

I'll sumbmit a better patch, and then if everyone decides it's worth the
hassle with the regression tests, we can use it in 8.1. Some more
testing is required to see if the results are really as good as we hope.

Regards,Jeff Davis