Re: MySQL to PostgreSQL movement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robby Russell
Subject Re: MySQL to PostgreSQL movement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 10:45 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Ned Lilly wrote:
> > http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/breakingnews.jhtml?articleId=60401366
> >
> > Excerpt:
> >
> > In an interview at LinuxWorld in Boston, Mickos acknowledged some
> > MySQL-to-PostgreSQL movement, but shrugged it off. "They [PostgreSQL]
> > absolutely try to be an Oracle replacement. We do not. We're here for
> > new markets," Mickos told CRN.
> >
> > This very much squares with what we're hearing at the booth at
> > LinuxWorld.
>
> I found that article simply amazing.  I would like to put this article
> up on our web site "News" page with the title "MySQL Cedes Oracle-Style
> Market to PostgreSQL".  Is that OK?  The article certainly has good
> coverage for PostgreSQL, even though the title mentions only MySQL.

I had emailed her (the author of the article) to explain the license
differnece between MySQL and PostgreSQL and before I knew it she posted
what I wrote. Didn't realize that she added more to the article until I
saw this thread. :-)

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby@planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP/PostgreSQL Hosting & Development
* --- Now hosting Ruby on Rails Apps ---