Re: 9.2.3 crashes during archive recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 9.2.3 crashes during archive recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
> Well, no-one's complained about the performance. From a robustness point
> of view, it might be good to keep the minRecoveryPoint value in a
> separate file, for example, to avoid rewriting the control file that
> often. Then again, why fix it when it's not broken.

It would only be broken if someone interrupted a crash recovery
mid-flight and tried to establish a recovery stop point before the end
of WAL, no?  Why don't we just forbid that case?  This would either be
the same as, or a small extension of, the pg_control state vs existence
of recovery.conf error check that was just discussed.