Re: Patch: use SCM_CREDS authentication over PF_LOCAL sockets - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch: use SCM_CREDS authentication over PF_LOCAL sockets
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Since this patch overwrites the previous SO_PEERCRED patch I assume you
> want it to work on Linux, too.  On Linux SCM_CREDS is called
> SCM_CREDENTIALS.

Overwrite?  It looks like an addition to me.  I think the #ifdef tests
in ident_unix are in the wrong order, however: we should prefer
SO_PEERCRED if available, since that works with old clients.  As written
the postmaster code will select SCM_CREDS if both methods are available,
which is the wrong choice IMHO.

> The invocation
> changes to StrNCpy look suspicious; see the comment at StrNCpy in c.h.  In
> one place you include errno.h twice.

These are good points.

            regards, tom lane