Re: add soundex difference function to - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: add soundex difference function to
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 02:26 -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:
> Yes, it should, and even more importantly strict because it crashes when
> called with null inputs.  I copied this off the adjacent entry without
> thinking about it.  So currently SELECT text_soundex(NULL); crashes the
> server.

Ah, good catch. I remember checking all the builtin functions for
crashes on NULL input; it would be worth doing the same for contrib/.

Barring any objections, I'll apply the full patch to HEAD and the crash
fix to REL8_0_STABLE and REL7_4_STABLE tomorrow.

-Neil