Re: add regression test for #1433 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: add regression test for #1433
List pgsql-patches
> It might be better to make the tables TEMP tables --- there are some
> regression tests that depend on the set of existing tables, IIRC.
> Otherwise ok.

True, although those kind of dependencies usually cause an obvious test
failure (which this patch doesn't cause). I've been thinking that
there's some value in keeping database objects creating by regression
tests around, so that we get better pg_dump coverage (a quick and dirty
pg_dump test is to dump the database created by "make installcheck" and
restore it). Admittedly this is pretty primitive, but it's better than
nothing.

[ Sorry for applying the patch already, I hadn't received your mail ]

-Neil