Formatting a month in query output - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject Formatting a month in query output
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi!

I have a query which needs to provide a monthly report. Thanks to the
date_trunc() function someone mentioned in a thread earlier today, I got
the query working properly. However, each month is '2004-10-01 00:00:00'
and I would like to have "October 2004".

Which function, if any, would help me do this formatting trick? And
where can I read more about it? Or must I use a PHP case statement in
the web page to do this reformatting manually?

Thanks,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@simpaticus.com>