Re: pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Niederland
Subject Re: pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general
More Info:
If I perform a backup of my database with PGAdmin3.  I can restore
the database via the command line pg_restore.  It seems as if the
backup created with pg_restore when issued from a winXP command prompt
does not create a file that the pg_restore can read... At least for the
file types Compress and Tar.  Which I need to use since my database
contains blobs.

One other item:  Issuing an pg_restore -C -d myDB myDB.backup
Did not create the database myDB and complained that the database did
not exist.  I had to first create the database and then the pg_restore
functioned correctly (without -C option).