Re: pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Niederland
Subject Re: pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general
I am having the same problem:
System: the released Postgres 8.0, winXP
Install performed an initDB.  Tryed all types of backup/restore
combinations, see below:

Using:
pg_dump --format=t --blobs myDB > DBFile
pg_restore --create -dbname=crm DBFile

Resulted in:
pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.13) in file header

NOTE:  File was created from pg_dump
and then tried as an input to pg_restore.  File was not viewed or
modified
in any way.

*************
Using:
pg_dump --format=t --blobs myDB > DBFile

Resulted in:
pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected
position -- ftell used

************
Using:
pg_dump --format=t --blobs myDB > DBFile

Resulted in:
pg_dump: large-object output is not supported for plain-text dump files
pg_dump: <Use a different output format.>

Tom Lane wrote:
> Cesar Schneider <cesar@hzta.com.br> writes:
> > When I execute pg_restore I get this error:
> > pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.13) in file header
>
> There is no 1.13; you have a corrupt dump file.  Personally I'd bet
> money that you ran it through a Windows newline conversion (LF to
CR/LF).