Re: PostgresQL setup in hosted environment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgresQL setup in hosted environment
Date
List pgsql-general
Jochem van Dieten <jochemd@oli.tudelft.nl> writes:
> - how would I grant select permissions to a user on tables in a specific
> database, while connected (as superuser) to a different database in the
> same cluster?
>
>> You wouldn't.

> I was under the impression that the relacl field in the pg_class table
> was just an array, so I could add items there.

You could do that (or just use GRANT/REVOKE to do it for you) ... *if*
you were in the right database.  Since you're not, you have no access to
the pg_class table that you'd need to modify.  Each database has its own
pg_class.

            regards, tom lane