Re: Version Control Software for Database Objects - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Version Control Software for Database Objects
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 15:18 -0800, Mark Dexter wrote:
> We maintain multiple versions of our application's database and we are
> looking for version control software to help us automate this.
> Specifically, we would like to have a program that automatically
> tracks all changes to the database (tables, views, functions, etc.)
> and assists with updating customers' databases from one version to the
> next.
>
> Does anyone know of such a program that works with PostgreSQL?  Thanks
> for your help.

Perhaps Point in Time Recovery can help you:

<http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/backup-online.html>

It's a new feature in 8.0.

You might also want to look into some of the available replication
solutions.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis