Re: index on user defined type - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: index on user defined type
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql@empires.org> writes:
> I attached a proposed documentation patch. I wasn't able to readily see
> the implications of writing a function in SQL regarding an index, so
> perhaps this will help someone in the future (not that many people will
> attempt writing index access methods in SQL, but someone could get
> confused like I did).

Actually the inlining issue is only a problem for the operators, not the
support functions (since the support functions don't appear in queries
that are going to use the index).  I applied a modified version of your
patch.

            regards, tom lane