Re: save sql result to file - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Guy Fraser
Subject Re: save sql result to file
Date
List pgsql-sql
Off the top of my head:

psql -c "select .... into dump_table from old_table .... ;" database
pg_dump -t dump_table -f dump_table.tmp database
sed -e "s/dump_table/table_name/g" dump_table.tmp >table_name.sql
rm dump_table.tmp

You should now have a file called table_name.sql with the stuff
required to create a new table called table_name with the data
from your query.