Re: Alternatives to Dell?

From: Cott Lang
Subject: Re: Alternatives to Dell?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Alternatives to Dell?  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Off-list Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Off-list Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Sven Willenberger, )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Steven Rosenstein, )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Matthew Marlowe", )
  Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Geoffrey, )
  Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Iain", )
   Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Geoffrey, )
  Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Mike Rylander, )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Geoffrey, )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Merlin Moncure", )
  Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Geoffrey, )
   Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Dave Cramer, )
  Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Geoffrey, )
  Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Frank Wiles, )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
   Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Thomas F.O'Connell, )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Anjan Dave", )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Robin Ericsson, )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Cott Lang, )
  Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Cott Lang, )
    Re: Alternatives to Dell?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
     Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Cott Lang, )
     Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Mike Rylander, )
      Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Cott Lang, )
  Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: Off-list Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Vivek Khera, )

We were originally heading towards an IBM deployment, but the 325 was
all that was available at the time, and it only supported 12GB.  Then
when I heard they canceled their rumored quad processor 350, I feared
Intel/AMD politics and IBM dropped from the running. :)

(IBM now has the 326 that supports 16GB of RAM)