Re: Alternatives to Dell? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Cott Lang
Subject Re: Alternatives to Dell?
Date
Re: Alternatives to Dell?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-performance
Consider Sun's new line of Opterons. They've been around for a couple of
years under the Newisys name. I'm using dozens of them for web servers
and PG servers and so far both the v20z and v40z have been excellent
performers with solid reliability.  The pricing was also competitive
since Sun is looking to break into the market.