Re: Did someone break CVS? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Did someone break CVS?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@fourpalms.org> writes:
>> I think it's that XLog stuff:
> Did you try a make clean? Did you update all of your directories? I
> don't see a problem here, and I don't see any uncommitted files...

I see the same failure in a fresh-this-morning CVS checkout: the final
backend link step fails with

tcop/SUBSYS.o: In function `PostgresMain':
/home/tgl/pgsql/src/backend/tcop/postgres.c:1550: undefined reference to `XLogDir'

Are you not building with --enable-cassert, perhaps?  The fault seems to
be due to "Assert(strlen(XLogDir) > 0)".  Also, there is still an extern
for XLogDir in access/xlog.h, which is bogus if it's going to be static.