Re: SSL Implementation - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Holger Jakobs
Subject Re: SSL Implementation
Date
List pgsql-admin
Am 12.10.22 um 13:10 schrieb jagjit singh:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to implement SSL over the postgresql database. If any one has a
> technical document or step by step implementation guide please share
> with me.
>
> Thanks in advance

If you want to use SSL (aka TLS nowadays) to connect to your PG cluster,
have a look here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-connection.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CONNECTION-SSL

When using PG from a repository, connection encryption is already
compiled in, so you just have to set up the configuration.

In case of a Debian installation, it will be active right from the
beginning, because the Debian packages install some snakeoil
certificates and activate "SSL = on", while Red Hat installations don't
do that. You will have to provide some certificates yourself.

Best Regards,

Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

Attachment