Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Foerster
Subject Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Joe,

> On 19 Sep 2024, at 19:07, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>
> Every glibc major version change potentially impacts the sorting of some strings, which would require reindexing.
Whetheryour actual data trips into any of these changes is another matter.

> You could check by doing something equivalent to this on every collatable column with an index built on it, in every
table:

> 8<-----------
> WITH t(s) AS (SELECT <collatable_col> FROM <some_table> ORDER BY 1)
> SELECT md5(string_agg(t.s, NULL)) FROM t;
>
> Check the before and after glibc upgrade result -- if it is the same, you are good to go. If not, rebuild the index
before*any* DML is done to the table.

I like the neatness of this one. I think about how to implement this on hundreds of of databases with hundreds of
columns.That'll be a challenge, but at least it's a start.

Thanks very much for this one.

Cheers,
Paul