Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] [HACKERS] select like...not using index - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] [HACKERS] select like...not using index
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> It certainly doesn't. There still was a bug with the locale stuff,
> though - the GUC variable was not set in the child processes. So "show
> lc_collate" would *always* return "C", for example. attached patch fixes
> this.

Hm.  Why were these vars not propagated by the regular mechanism for GUC
variables (write_nondefault_variables or whatever it's called)?  If the
problem is that it's not accepting PGC_INTERNAL values, then we need to
fix it there not here, because otherwise we'll have to pass all the
PGC_INTERNAL variables through the backend_variables file, which seems
like a recipe for more of the same sort of bug.

            regards, tom lane