Re: [INTERFACES] pgAccess fails to launch on HPUX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] pgAccess fails to launch on HPUX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Constantin Teodorescu <teo@flex.ro> writes:
> Yes. The full path to libpgtcl might be specified directly in pgaccess.

I have committed pgaccess changes to do this.

> But libpq library need to be found automatically because it isn't in a "load"
> explicit command.

At least on HPUX 10, this seems to work anyway, presumably because the
correct search path is embedded into libpgtcl.sl.  I imagine that not
all platforms have 'rpath' info embedded into shlibs, so there may be
other platforms where you still need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find
libpq.so.

Thought: would it be out of line for pgaccess.sh to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
explicitly to cover this possibility?