Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm having problems getting this to compile on MSVC. Attached is a patch
> which fixes the problem.

The committed code is completely broken on compilers that don't accept
varargs macros, and this patch will not make them happier.

Probably what needs to happen is to put extra parentheses into the call
sites, along the lines of
      #ifdef BRIN_DEBUG      #define BRIN_elog(args) elog args      #else      #define BRIN_elog(args) ((void) 0)
#endif

      BRIN_elog((LOG, "fmt", ...));

Or we could decide we don't need this debugging crud anymore and just
nuke it all.