Re: PLpgSQL-Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PLpgSQL-Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"Thomas Chille" <thomas@chille.de> writes:
> in every documentation(7.5 too) i can read that i can pass a row to a
> plpgsql function. but how u know it does not work.

It does work ... from a SQL statement.  The problem you are running into
is that a whole-row variable of a plpgsql function can't be passed as a
unit into a SQL statement.  (I thought this limitation was documented
somewhere in the plpgsql chapter, but right at the moment I can't find
anything about it.)

> And if the documentation is wrong, is this normal for the postgres-docs?

The documentation is not perfect.

            regards, tom lane