Re: [patch] ALTER RENAME and indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [patch] ALTER RENAME and indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org> writes:
> wooohoo!!!  Of course, it would be best if someone else looked this
> code over, because I get the feeling there is an easier way to get
> this done.

No, that's about right, except that you forgot one step: you shouldn't
try to update column names of functional indexes, since their columns
are named after the function not the column.  If the function name
happened to match the column name then you'd have applied an erroneous
renaming.

Fixed and applied to CVS.