Re: brin regression test intermittent failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: brin regression test intermittent failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> There's something odd about the brin regression tests. They seem to generate
>> intermittent failures, which suggests some sort of race condition or
>> ordering failure.
>>
>> See for example <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=fulmar&dt=2015-05-15%2001%3A02%3A28>
>> and <http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=sittella&dt=2015-05-15%2021%3A08%3A38>

> Yeah it's pretty odd.

Oooh.  I saw the sittella failure and assumed it was triggered by the
latest BRIN additions, but that fulmar failure is from before those hit.

Just from reading the documentation, couldn't the symptom we're seeing
arise from autovacuum having hit the table right before
brin_summarize_new_values got called?